- Request access to JobX
- On the first page, choose Regional Campuses
- On the second page, under “Employer” list Stamford Campus - General
- Create job description
- Post the position
- Review applications
- Interview candidates
- Make offer to best candidate(s)
- Once offer is accepted, submit an Intent to Hire Form for the student employee
- Send rejection letters to the unsuccessful candidates
- 08/27/2021 – Work-Study begins
- 12/16/2021 – Fall Work-Study ends
- 12/17/2021 – Spring portion becomes available for students with full-year awards
- 01/13/2022 – Spring-only Work-Study begins
- 05/05/2022 – Work-Study ends
For additional resources, please visit the Student Employment Website
This job aid instructs student time reporters on the steps necessary to complete their timesheet. Student employees (Student Labor, Work Study and Non-UConn Students) enter their time differently than the rest of the employee population because their timesheets do not automatically populate with their scheduled time; student employee timesheets are blank before submission.
Paychecks can be picked up from room 1.02A on the paycheck date between 11AM and 4PM. If a paycheck is not picked up by 4PM on the paycheck date, it will be mailed to the home address listed in Core-CT.
Alternative Pickup Arrangements
Please email email@example.com to arrange for alternative paycheck pick up arrangements.
To sign up for direct deposit, log into Core-CT via ess.uconn.edu and navigate to Main Menu>Self Service>Payroll>Direct Deposit. You will be asked to enter your bank account and routing number. Direct deposit requests take two weeks (one pay period) to process. For more information, check out our post on Everything You Need to Know About Direct Deposit at UConn
I have a new student that I would like to work for me, do I have to post the position?
Yes. In order to meet the requirements of affirmative action and equal opportunity, available positions must be advertised via the Office of Student Financial Aid Services – Student Employment for at least a two-week period.
Do I have to post my position even though I am reappointing a student?
No. Supervisors who are rehiring former student employees, and who are NOT seeking new candidates for their available position(s), are not required to advertise.
I want to repost a position from a previous semester. Do I have to create a new job description?
No, just let us know the JobX Job ID associated with the previous post
How do students sign up to have their paycheck direct deposited to their bank account?
- Visit www.ess.uconn.edu and log into Core-CT using your NetID and password
- In the menu bar at the top of the page, navigate to Main Menu > Self Services > Payroll > Direct Deposit
- Once on the Direct Deposit page, you can edit, add, or remove bank account information
Please note that Bursar direct deposit is different from Payroll direct deposit. You'll need to submit separate forms.
How do students with direct deposit view paycheck information?
- Log into Core-CT portal via Employee Self Service
- On the Home Page, select View Paycheck Information. If you don’t see this option, navigate to Main Menu>Self Service>Payroll>View Paycheck Information
- Select the Pay Period End Date for the paycheck you would like to view. If paycheck information is not downloading, check to ensure your pop-up blocker is disabled
Where and when do I pick up my paycheck?
Paychecks can be picked up from room 1.02A (across from the Welcome Center) on the Friday of pay week between 11AM and 4PM. If a paycheck is not picked up by 4PM on the paycheck date, it will be mailed to the home address listed in Core-CT.
How do I enter my hours?
Student employees should refer to the Entering Time: Student Employees job aid.
What are the steps to hiring a student employee?
- Post the position on JobX for at least two weeks
- Once a candidate has accepted the position, submit an Intent to Hire form
- Danielle will email the student to complete pre-employment paperwork
- Once the pre-employment paperwork is completed, the supervisor will be notified that the employee is authorized to begin work