Mileage Reimbursement Request

Reimbursement requests should be submitted in a timely manner. If a reimbursement is submitted over 60 days after travel, it will not be processed without Dean/Director/Department Head approval, as appropriate.[3]

Mileage can only be claimed when driving a personal car; for rental cars, submit a Travel Reimbursement Request.

When a department authorizes an employee to use his or her personal vehicle for University business, the University will reimburse the employee at an established mileage rate, which is periodically updated and located on the Travel Services website.[1]

Employees are responsible for getting to and from work each workday. Employees will not be reimbursed for mileage associated with their normal commutes.[1]

If a traveler is departing/returning from their home, their daily commute must be deducted from the mileage being claimed no matter what day it is – this includes weekend days, non-work days, and holidays.[2]

Travelers will also be reimbursed for trip-related tolls and parking.